Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Sajedul Munir <Sa...@frameworks.ca> on 2007/09/24 16:03:22 UTC

Formula cell is showing zero using new Jar 3.0.1

Hi there. I recently downloaded new release POI jar v 3.0.1. I was able
to write value in my excel report (based on template) but in all formula
fields it is showing zero. Let's say in cell B3 value is 3000 and cell
B4 value is 4000. I have a formula set for cell B5 (SUM(B3:B4)) which
was showing 7000 using old 2.5.1 jar but using new jar, it is showing 0.
Can anyone tell me what am I missing here?

I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks advance for the help.

Sajedul Munir

Frameworks Inc

Toronto, Canada

Re: Formula cell is showing zero using new Jar 3.0.1

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Sajedul Munir wrote:
> Hi there. I recently downloaded new release POI jar v 3.0.1. I was able
> to write value in my excel report (based on template) but in all formula
> fields it is showing zero. Let's say in cell B3 value is 3000 and cell
> B4 value is 4000. I have a formula set for cell B5 (SUM(B3:B4)) which
> was showing 7000 using old 2.5.1 jar but using new jar, it is showing 0.

You'll need to use the Forumla Evaluator to re-calculate the results of
your formulas:
 	http://poi.apache.org/hssf/eval.html

Nick