Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com> on 2004/07/02 02:04:56 UTC

Re: Log

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Maul" <jm...@elih.org>
To: "Mario Gamito" <ga...@netual.pt>
Cc: "ML spamassassin" <sp...@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: Log

> Quoting Mario Gamito <ga...@netual.pt>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for not being so clear in the other mail.
> >
> >> Do you actually mean the command "spamassassin" or spamassassin in
general
> >> (spamc/spamd)?
> > spamd/spamc, and i'd like to log to a specific file i choose.
> >
> > Is it possible ?
> >
> > Thank you all for your kind answers.
> >

> Yes, it is possible, what i have done is this:
>
> 1. Alter spamd startup script and change SPAMDOPTIONS to
>     SPAMDOPTIONS="-x -u spamd -H /home/spamd -d --syslog=local0"
>
> 2. Edit /etc/syslog.conf and add:
>     local0     /var/log/spamassassin/spamd
>
> This causes spamd to log to the file shown above using syslog.
>
> Jim

I'm a newbie to Debian and pretty new to Linux.  I used to use Fedora, and
spamd logged to /var/log/maillog.  I used sa-stats to generate stats from
that file.  However, /var/log/mail.log and other mail.* files on my Debian
system don't have any SA info, nor does syslog.  Any ideas about this other
than the solution mentioned above that I will probably try?  Thanks - John