Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Kruse, Sebastian" <Se...@hpi.de> on 2015/04/13 13:20:36 UTC

Release date 0.9

Hello everyone,

we are having a seminar at HPI that is supposed to compare Flink and Spark. The students should implement solutions for different data analytics problems on both platforms.

Since Flink is still moving a lot, we would like to have the students work on the latest version and maybe let them start with Spark. According to the 3 month release cycle, the next version would be to come soon. So, I wanted to ask if you have any concrete/rough release date planned already.

Cheers,
Sebastian

---
Sebastian Kruse
Doktorand am Fachbereich Information Systems Group
Hasso-Plattner-Institut an der Universität Potsdam
Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str. 2-3, D-14482 Potsdam
Tel +49 331 5509 240
Amtsgericht Potsdam, HRB 12184
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel

Re: Release date 0.9

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Sebastian,

its great to hear that you're planning to do a seminar on data analytics
platforms.
We have closed the vote for a 0.9.0-milestone-1 release yesterday. I hope
we are able to announce it today.
Its a preview release only, but it contains all the latest features and its
certainly possible for the students to use it.

It is already available through maven central.

Please ask your students to file bugs, ask on the mailing lists and to
contribute if they find issues.