Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ernest Lu <sy...@sina.com> on 2013/09/04 12:17:21 UTC

What is the different between ErrorHandler of the Dead Letter Channel and Exception Clause

hi,
What is the different between  ErrorHandler and Exception Clause?
they can both catch exception.
When to use  ErrorHandler?
When to use  Exception Clause?
Thanks

Re: What is the different between ErrorHandler of the Dead Letter Channel and Exception Clause

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I suggest to read from there and then following the links and whatnot
http://camel.apache.org/error-handling-in-camel.html

You can also find some 3rd party blogs/articles about Camel error handling here
http://camel.apache.org/articles

And if you have a copy of Camel in Action book, read chapter 5.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Ernest Lu <sy...@sina.com> wrote:
> hi,
> What is the different between  ErrorHandler and Exception Clause?
> they can both catch exception.
> When to use  ErrorHandler?
> When to use  Exception Clause?
> Thanks

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: What is the different between ErrorHandler of the Dead Letter Channel and Exception Clause

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ernest,

As the documentation suggests, you can use both at the same time:

"Using Error Handler combined with Exception Clause is a very powerful
combination. We encourage end-users to use this combination in your error
handling strategies."

The short answer is that Exception Clause allows you fine grained error
handling by exception type.

HTH
Bilgin