Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/02/13 15:18:14 UTC

RE: [Vote/Action plan/Feedback] Cactus2

ok done
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-cactus/scratchpad/cactus2/)

> When the new code is ready to be promoted out of the scratchpad, we
> might also want to consider starting the new repository in SVN.
>   <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/?root=Apache-SVN>

good idea. I'd love to try SVN...

> > We have also the option to request the creation of a
> > cactus2-dev@jakarta.apache.org mailing list. If not, then all
traffic
> > will go to the existing cactus-dev ML. I also prefer to request the
> > creation of such a list.
>
> Strong -1 against a new mailing list. Really, our current dev list is
> rather low-traffic, we can definitely handle any extra traffic caused
> by the new aspect-based cactus. On the negative side, a new mailing
> list effectively splits the community, and may raise oversight
> concerns.
>
> Just keep everything on this mailing-list, I'm sure everyone is
> interested (I am, at least) :-)

cool. I hope that we'll get some feedback now that the architecture and
code are open to everyone!

Please have architecture discussions on the list and/or on wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-cactus/Cactus2Proposal

> > I'm also curious to know how many of you are interested in
> > participating
> > to Cactus 2 (or is it too early at this stage for you to know)? I've
> > been talking to Jonas Boner (AspectWerkz author) and Chad Woolley
> > (VirtualMock author) and I'd like to invite them to participate to
the
> > Cactus2 project if they're interested (it will be easier to do if we
> > have separate jakarta-cactus2 CVS module I think).
> >
> > Anyway, I'm interested in any feedback you have!
> >
> > Please provide feedback on the proposed Cactus2 architecture. I'd
like
> > to put this doc in the new cactus2 CVS location so that everyone can
> > help and it'll be easier to follow changes to it.
>
> I'm very interested, but not sure I can be of much help. Besides time
> constraints, I'm also (still!) new to aspect-oriented programming. The
> document you wrote up definitely sounds cool, though.
>
> For documentation, I'd suggest we start in the Wiki (wiki.apache.org,
> the new, moin-moin based one). A Wiki is probably a better fit for
> documenting ideas that are still in a rather early stage.

Done: http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-cactus/Cactus2Proposal

Thanks
-Vincent