Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/09/23 15:22:28 UTC

Upgrading from 4.1.1 to 4.2.0, cloudstack-sysvmadm fails to execute

Dear all,

I am currently in the midst of upgrading my CloudStack 4.1.1 to 4.2.0.
Everything went smooth after I followed the instruction from the PDF file
provided by Radhika and some addition of notes by Abhinav, except on the
last step:

When I tried to run the cloudstack-sysvmadm script:

nohup cloudstack-sysvmadm -d [DB-SERVER-IP] -u cloud -p[DB-PASSWORD] -a >
sysvm.log 2>&1 &

Content of sysvm.log:

=====
nohup: ignoring input
/usr/bin/cloudstack-sysvmadm: line 21: /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: No such
file or directory

Stopping and starting 1 secondary storage vm(s)...
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
ERROR: Failed to stop secondary storage vm with id 1902

Done stopping and starting secondary storage vm(s)

Stopping and starting 1 console proxy vm(s)...
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
ERROR: Failed to stop console proxy vm with id 1903

Done stopping and starting console proxy vm(s) .

Stopping and starting 2 running routing vm(s)...
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
2
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
2
Done restarting router(s).
=====

Content of cloud.log:

======
Stopping and starting 1 secondary storage vm(s)...
INFO: Stopping secondary storage vm with id 1902
ERROR: Failed to stop secondary storage vm with id 1902
Done stopping and starting secondary storage vm(s).
Stopping and starting 1 console proxy vm(s)...
INFO: Stopping console proxy with id 1903
ERROR: Failed to stop console proxy vm with id 1903
Done stopping and starting console proxy vm(s) .
Stopping and starting 2 running routing vm(s)...
INFO: Restarting router with id 1930
INFO: Restarting router with id 1931
ERROR: Failed to restart domainRouter with id 1930
ERROR: Failed to restart domainRouter with id 1931
Done restarting router(s).
=====

It seems that the script fails to restart the system VMs (1 SSVM, 1 CPVM
and 2 VRs). Anything I have done wrong or have missed out?

After the upgrade, I am still not able to access the CloudStack GUI with
this error message:

=====
HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

message

description The requested resource () is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.35
=====

Anyone can help and assist? :)

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

Re: Upgrading from 4.1.1 to 4.2.0, cloudstack-sysvmadm fails to execute

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Dear Simon and all,

Managed to use "--force-reinstall true" option to force reinstall the
cloudstack-management.

However, same issue persists after reinstallation. Error message on
management-server.log file:

====
2013-09-23 23:06:17,884 ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] (main:null)
Context initialization failed
bean with name 'apiDBUtils': Injection of autowired dependencies failed;
nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: private com.cloud.region.ha.GlobalLoadBalancingRulesService
com.cloud.api.ApiDBUtils.gslbService; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No
matching bean of type [com.cloud.region.ha.GlobalLoadBalancingRulesService]
found for dependency: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire
candidate for this dependency. Dependency annotations:
{@javax.inject.Inject()}
====

Anyone can advise what could be the problem?

- Anyone can provide me an APT repo for me to try installing CloudStack
4.2, to eliminate the possibility of issue on my build?
- Could it be database issue? Need to revert back to 4.1.1 format before
re-trying?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.