Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Diptanjan <di...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/10 08:48:03 UTC

Adding ruleset

Hello All,

I would like to add a german ruleset: http://zmi.at/x/70_zmi_german.cf

Should I put this into my channel file? and call a sa-update through a
cronjob so that is updated regularely?

Thanks

Diptanjan

Re: Adding ruleset

Posted by Diptanjan <di...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks a lot Daryl,

indeed a very fast response..

I will do accordingly.

Diptanjan

Re: Adding ruleset

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 05:05:57AM -0500, Daniel J McDonald wrote:
>> And how, precisely, do you set the trust on the GPG key?  I've tried a
>> number of methods, but I always end up having to either specify your key
>> or just throw caution to the wind and use --nogpg.
>
> "trust" in terms of sa-update, not gpg/web-of-trust. :)
>
> One method is "sa-update --gpgkey [...]".  See "man sa-update" for more
> information. :)

Yeah, what Theo said.  Sorry for the confusing wording on my part.

Daryl

Re: Adding ruleset

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"A softball is like a foot. Don't try to lick it when it's traveling

Re: Adding ruleset

Posted by Alex Woick <al...@wombaz.de>.
Daniel J McDonald schrieb am 10.07.2007 12:05:

> And how, precisely, do you set the trust on the GPG key?

I am running this command line once a day via cron as root:

/usr/bin/sa-update --channelfile
/var/lib/spamassassin/update-channels.txt --gpgkeyfile
/var/lib/spamassassin/update-channels-gpgkey.txt && /usr/bin/sa-compile
&& /sbin/service spampd restart

I created a /var/lib/spamassassin/update-channels.txt file with this
content:

== cut ==
updates.spamassassin.org
70_zmi_german.cf.zmi.sa-update.dostech.net
70_sare_stocks.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
70_sare_adult.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
70_sare_evilnum0.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
70_sare_evilnum1.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
70_sare_evilnum2.cf.sare.sa-update.dostech.net
== cut ==

That pulls the standard SpamAssassin ruleset and some additional rules
from sare.sa-update.dostech.net with one call.

And I created a /var/lib/spamassassin/update-channels-gpgkey.txt file
with the gpg keys:

== cut ==
856AA88A
1129F0D3
== cut ==

One is the standard SA update key and the other is the one for
sa-update.dostech.net.

Works fine for me.

Re: Adding ruleset

Posted by Daniel J McDonald <da...@austinenergy.com>.
On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 02:51 -0400, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> Diptanjan wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I would like to add a german ruleset: http://zmi.at/x/70_zmi_german.cf
> >
> > Should I put this into my channel file? and call a sa-update through a
> > cronjob so that is updated regularely?
>
> If by "this" you mean "70_zmi_german.cf.zmi.sa-update.dostech.net",
> yeah.  You'll also need to trust my GPG key, the same as the SARE channels.

And how, precisely, do you set the trust on the GPG key?  I've tried a
number of methods, but I always end up having to either specify your key
or just throw caution to the wind and use --nogpg.
[mcdonalddj@sa ~]$ sudo gpg
--homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-update-keys/ --edit-key daryl
[...]
Command> list

pub  1024D/856AA88A  created: 2006-08-10  expires: never       usage:
SC
                     trust: marginal      validity: unknown
sub  4096g/0A6B05C3  created: 2006-08-10  expires: never       usage:
[ unknown] (1). Daryl C. W. O'Shea <sp...@dostech.ca>

So, it should be in my trustdb, but that doesn't mean that sa-update
will use it...

> http://daryl.dostech.ca/sa-update/sare/sare-sa-update-howto.txt

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy

Re: Adding ruleset

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.