Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/22 22:17:40 UTC

Re: Go to Servlets 2.4? (Re: Unknown column 'websitedat2_.handle' in 'field list' error

>From what I've seen in my playing with various servlet containers
(Tomcat, Jetty and Resin), Tomcat is the only one that allows
<dispatcher> elements in a 2.3 web.xml.  JBoss allows it too - since
it uses Tomcat, and since most Roller users use one of these two -
we've been able to get away with it for quite some time.

Matt

Posted by Amy Roh <Am...@Sun.COM>.
+1     It'll be great to run Roller without any modifications on 2.4.

Cheers,
Amy

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.
+1 on Servlet 2.4

- Dave

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Servlet 2.4 all the way.

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.

How to Display Category Images?

Posted by Greg Hamer <ro...@gmail.com>.
I just noticed that the "Edit Category" pages allows me to associate an image with each category. In UserGuide_2.x I do not see any coverage of this feature.

In the "Edit Category" page I assume that what I need to enter for Image is a url to a gif or jpg?  Assuming this is correct, and if I have entered an image url for each category, how do I get the associated image to display in webpages?

I have tested by creating a site where I have entered an image url for each category.  I then tried several of Roller's stock themes with the site, but in no case do I see the images associated with the category being displayed.

In summary, beyond seeing that the "Edit Category" page enables me to insert a url for an image, I do not see how to subsequently display the associated image.

Best regards,