Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bejoy Zac <be...@tarangtech.com> on 2007/01/04 11:06:04 UTC

Can a form contain another form in Form-wdgets

Hi All,

Can we have nested form in Form widget???

regards,
Bejoy

Re: Can a form contain another form in Form-wdgets

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@adititechlabs.com>.
Bejoy,

There is an attribute "extend" in the form widget...that can be used to
extend some other form.
I think its good way to "include" more then one form in the screen widget.

On 1/4/07, Bejoy Zac <be...@tarangtech.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can we have nested form in Form widget???
>
> regards,
> Bejoy

Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya
Aditisoft Technology Laboratory

Re: Can a form contain another form in Form-wdgets

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
For something like this I'd recommend probably not using the form
widget. It sounds like, and looks like from the JPG you attached,
that formatting is what you're really concerned about, and you have
MUCH more control over that with an HTML template instead of the form
widget.

-David

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Could you explain more of what you mean by a nested form, or what
you're trying to do with it?

This has certainly been discussed and there are various solutions
depending on what you want to do. Keep in mind that the form widget
is part of a larger tool set and not like a reporting tool where all
you have is a report and so nested reports are the only to achieve
certain effects.

-David