Posted to user@ant.apache.org by cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org> on 2008/08/28 19:29:59 UTC

Ant Thread-Context ClassLoader causing problems

Hi,

My custom Ant task uses Logback under the hood. Logback uses the
thread-context ClassLoader to find its configuration file (logback.xml). The
problem is that Ant sets the TCCL to
org.apache.tools.ant.module.bridge.AntBridge$MaskedClassLoader and that CL
does not contain my task's JAR file while the Task is executing.

Logback is going to fix this on its end by falling back on the
task.getClass() classloader, but I was wondering whether it would be
possible to add a fix on Ant's side as well so the TCCL contains the Task
classpath upon running.

Thanks,
Gili