Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Lydia Ickler <ic...@googlemail.com> on 2015/07/11 19:41:07 UTC

Question regarding HBase and machine-learning

Dear Sir or Madame,

I would like to use the Flink-HBase addon to read out data that then serves as an input for the machine learning algorithms, respectively the SVM and MLR. Right now I first write the extracted data to a temporary file and then read it in via the libSVM method...but i guess there should Be a more sophisticated way.

Do you have a code snippet or an idea how to do so?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Lydia

Re: Question regarding HBase and machine-learning

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Lydia,

I assume that your data is already in the libSVM format or you convert it
into this format before you write it to a file. Otherwise, libSVM cannot
read in the data. If you do this, then you can directly use this
transformed DataSet as the input for the SVM algorithm, instead of writing
it first to disk and then rereading it.

Cheers,
Till
​