Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/16 10:54:18 UTC

Kerberos Codec heads up

Hi guys,

we are making progress. Here is a status of the current work :
- We are adding grammar after grammar, and it takes a big longer than
expected, mostly due to the complexity we are facing with the grammar
chaining (something we didn't had to deal with on LDAP). However, I
think that most of the problems are now known, and solved
- the following messages and components are now written :
  o Ticket
  o EncryptedData, PrincipalName, HostAddress, HostAddresses,
AuthorizationData, KDC-REQ-BODY, KDC-REQ, EncryptionKey
- There are still a lot of grammar to process, and some are pretty complex
- Once all the grammars will be written, we will have to implement the
KerberosDecoder, and it will be a two steps decoder : first we will
decode the PDU length, and grab the value as an opaque block, then the
second step will process the read PDU as a whole, and as we will have
all the data, the decoder will be able to decode everything. It's
slightly more complicated than for the LDAP decoder, and will cost an
extra step, but it's an acceptable solution, IMO
- I will create a JIRA for each grammar to be decoded, in order to trace
the progression more easily.

That's it for today, let's get this beast done by the end of november now !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com