Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirko Leschikar <mi...@agile.com> on 2006/11/23 19:14:07 UTC

Assembly empty

Hi there,

sorry to bother you again with my assembly problem. I skipped the
profiles and I am using executions now. Unfortunately the assembled jar
files are empty now.
I am using modules and submodules. The modules are used for grouping
the submodules which are packaged to Jars.
I want to create a jar that contains the unpacked jar files of A, D and
E module. The descriptor below used to work when I didn't have any
submodules.

my project structure:

parent
+--m1--A
|  |\--B
|  \---C

+--m2--D
   |\--E
   \---F

I simply added this to the parent pom (for testing of only one assembly)
<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <descriptors>
     <descriptor>src/main/descriptors/my-assembly.xml
     </descriptor>
    </descriptors>
    <finalName>myassembly-${project.version}</finalName>

    <workDirectory>target/assembly/work</workDirectory>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

my-assembly.xml:
<assembly>
  <formats>
    <format>jar</format>
  </formats>
  <includeBaseDirectory>true</includeBaseDirectory>
  <moduleSets>
    <moduleSet>
      <includes>
        <include>com.abc.p1:A</include>
        <include>com.abc.p1:C</include>
        <include>com.abc.p1:D</include>
      </includes>
      <binaries>
        <unpack>true</unpack>
      </binaries>
    </moduleSet>
  </moduleSets>
</assembly>

Any hints what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance
Mirko

Re: Assembly empty

Posted by Mirko Leschikar <mi...@agile.com>.
Hi there,

I found a solution to my problem.
Mirko Leschikar schrieb:

> sorry to bother you again with my assembly problem. I skipped the
> profiles and I am using executions now. Unfortunately the assembled
> jar files are empty now. I am using modules and submodules. The
> modules are used for grouping the submodules which are packaged to
> Jars. I want to create a jar that contains the unpacked jar files of
> A, D and E module. The descriptor below used to work when I didn't
> have any submodules.

my project structure:
parent
+--m1--A
|  |\--B
|  \---C

+--m2--D
   |\--E
   \---F

I had to add A, D and E to the dependencies of the POM and change the
my-assembly.xml descriptor file

 my-assembly.xml:
 <assembly>
   <formats>
     <format>jar</format>
   </formats>
   <includeBaseDirectory>true</includeBaseDirectory>
   <dependencySets>
     <dependencySet>
       <includes>
         <include>com.abc.p1:A</include>