Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2005/03/08 06:49:34 UTC

log4j-deprecated.jar and log4j-obsolete.jar?

I was surprised to learn that the log4j.jar still contains Category and
Priority.  I thought we had finally let them die.

Since we have split up the old log4j.jar into many distinct jars, could
we consider moving recently deprecated classes to log4j-deprecated.jar
and ancient, long deprecated classes like Category to
log4j-obsolete.jar?  Is two distinct jar's overkill?

p.s. Only log4j.jar is currently version branded in the build file,
should log4j-oro.jar et al also have version identification in their
names?