Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Giulio Vezzelli <gi...@infolog.it> on 2003/10/23 21:30:08 UTC

NVARCHAR type for MSSQL

I tried to specify the NVARCHAR column type in project-schema.xml and
Torque failed to build the objects...

Doesn't Torque support NVARCHAR columns ? Do I have to manually tweak
Torque to let it build the objects ? If so, I'd consider submitting a
patch to enable Torque to do so...

Giulio Vezzelli
Infolog S.r.l.
Via Alfieri, 28
Modena - 41100
Telefono : +39-059-822446
Sito web : http://www.infolog.it <http://www.infolog.it/>
E-mail : giulio.vezzelli@infolog.it

Re: NVARCHAR type for MSSQL

Posted by William Kemper <wk...@franchise.com>.
I had the same problem so I just hacked up db.props in
templates/sql/base/mssql.  It's not really a solution because it just makes
all VARCHAR columns into NVARCHAR, but it works.  I think Torque doesn't
'appear' to support NVARCHAR because there is no corresponding JDBC data
type, and of course, Java is smart enough already to understand 2 byte
characters.  You could check out
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jdbc/getstart/mapping.html#996857 for
a brief discussion of JDBC types.