Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by JEF CAMERON <je...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/11 23:06:13 UTC

OPEN OFFICE 4.10... ACTIVATION TROUBLES

HEY,

I just downloaded the latest update of OpenOffice and the download and insertion went fine, but when I try to open the app, my iMac says it can’t be opened because it can’t be verified, and then it gives me the option of moving the app to the trash or cancelling.  How do I fix this - and while you’re at it, I haven’t been able to print anything I have in OO for a couple years now and I can’t figure out how to fix that either.  Appreciate some help here!

JEF CAMERON-HAWKINS
SAN FRANCISCO CA
415 309 0685

Re: OPEN OFFICE 4.10... ACTIVATION TROUBLES

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
Please see the Mac section of Instructions for Downloading and
Installing Apache OpenOffice 4.0, 4.1 Versions ->
https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#apple

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 12/5/21 8:36 am, JEF CAMERON wrote:
> HEY,
>
> I just downloaded the latest update of OpenOffice and the download and insertion went fine, but when I try to open the app, my iMac says it can’t be opened because it can’t be verified, and then it gives me the option of moving the app to the trash or cancelling.  How do I fix this - and while you’re at it, I haven’t been able to print anything I have in OO for a couple years now and I can’t figure out how to fix that either.  Appreciate some help here!
>
> JEF CAMERON-HAWKINS
> SAN FRANCISCO CA
> 415 309 0685

Cheers
--
David Robley

Computers run on faith, not electrons.

Re: OPEN OFFICE 4.10... ACTIVATION TROUBLES

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

Not a Mac user myself but I found this by googling:

Go to "System Preferences" click on "Security and Privacy"> General tab,
"Allow apps from" click on "Anywhere" and this allows the "Apache *open
office*" program to be *verified* and installed.

Hope this helps,
FC