Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2006/07/09 05:15:23 UTC

EDit Hooks into order entry, Tracking and AR invoices.

I would like to propose new frame/application services that support
external Order entry, Tracking input and AR invoices.
each would have a map that is passed to a custom parser for the EDI
format to be parsed then process the returned map, as if it was done
thru the ofbiz UI.

This leave only the custom parser to be developed by the person interested.

any thoughts.

Re: EDit Hooks into order entry, Tracking and AR invoices.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Thanks Chris will look at that.

Chris Howe sent the following on 7/8/2006 9:20 PM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I looked at this, it probably would work for some applications,
in mine, I have up to 700 orders per second being sent.
sO I have mine in two stages, the Fielding of the order, in xml then
stored as a file.  this is because I don't want a time out, in sending
the ACk to the site that is sending the order.
next:
1) read stored file as a timed service
2) parse it
3) create an order
    a) see if already a customer
    b) verify addresses if a current customer
    c) create new customer
    d) create order.
4) enter the payment information included in the order xml.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.