Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Dan Lydick <dl...@earthlink.net> on 2005/07/09 02:44:38 UTC

Compiling GNU Classpath was: Re: GNU Classpath 0.16 "Harmony!" released

Yea-- painful is the word.  I have tried it
on a Solaris 9 platform and keep getting
rather confusing errors on packages, namely
GTK, GLIB, and LIBICONV.  Even when I try to
download and compile these packages directly
instead of using the www.sunfreeware.com versions,
I have _not_ succeeded.

Has anybody successfully compiled GNU Classpath 0.1x
on a Solaris platform?  Mark says it should work since
it is a "Posix-like platform", to use his words.  I would
like to get the installation package if I could, so I
can try bypassing the build step.

Thanks, anyone, who can help.

Dan Lydick

Re: Compiling GNU Classpath was: Re: GNU Classpath 0.16 "Harmony!" released

Posted by Tom Tromey <tr...@redhat.com>.

Dan> Yea-- painful is the word.  I have tried it
Dan> on a Solaris 9 platform and keep getting
Dan> rather confusing errors on packages, namely
Dan> GTK, GLIB, and LIBICONV.  Even when I try to
Dan> download and compile these packages directly
Dan> instead of using the www.sunfreeware.com versions,
Dan> I have _not_ succeeded.

Dan> Has anybody successfully compiled GNU Classpath 0.1x
Dan> on a Solaris platform?

Please file bug reports.

Also, try configuring with --disable-gtk-peer to avoid compiling the
gtk peers.

Tom