Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by speeves <sp...@unt.edu> on 2003/10/15 17:04:50 UTC

[Fwd: Apache::AuthenSmb]

Hi there

I've installed AuthenSmb and Authen::Smb to a freshly compiled version of 5.8.1 and when I use the module in Apache (1.3.28) with mod_perl 1.29, I get an error in the error_log file as follows:

[error] Can't locate object method "get_basic_auth_pw" via package "Apache" at /usr/local/lib/perl/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/AuthenSmb.pm line 38.

I'm emailing you because despite hours of searching, I can't find anything relivant on the net.

The .htaccess files I'm using worked fine with the same module before the server it was on was reinstalled with SuSE 8.1

Many thanks for any suggestions...

-- Alex Harrington - IT Support, Longhill High School t: 01273 391640 |
e: alex@longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk

Re: [Fwd: Apache::AuthenSmb]

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, speeves wrote:

> I've installed AuthenSmb and Authen::Smb to a freshly compiled version of 5.8.1 and when I use the module in Apache (1.3.28) with mod_perl 1.29, I get an error in the error_log file as follows:
>
> [error] Can't locate object method "get_basic_auth_pw" via package "Apache" at /usr/local/lib/perl/site_perl/5.8.1/Apache/AuthenSmb.pm line 38.
>
> I'm emailing you because despite hours of searching, I can't find anything relivant on the net.

Did you search for anything relevant in the mod_perl Guide?  :)

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/troubleshooting.html#Can_t_locate_object_method__get_handlers____

73,
Ged.