Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/19 12:20:43 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Camel Container SPI in ServiceMix 5

L.S.,

A few weeks ago, Claus mentioned that Guillaume's changes for the
original ServiceMix 5 build were now available in Camel 2.12-SNAPSHOT,
cfr. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6115

Last week (when I was on vacation) and this week, I had some time
available to play with this a bit and ended up with
https://github.com/gertv/servicemix5/tree/container-spi - this
includes some of the original ServiceMix 5 codebase as well as some
other bits to make this global interceptor mechanism an out-of-box
feature of ServiceMix

With this code in place, the Container SPI is implemented by
ServiceMix and started as soon as possible during container start-up.
This way, users can register Camel Processor instances to be used as
global interceptors. There also is a similar mechanism to contribute
custom InterceptorStrategy implementations and interact with the
ProcessorFactory mechanism.

As a proof-of-concept, I also added a MongoDB auditor that stores all
processed exchanges in MongoDB, grouped by breadcrumb id, so people
have the entire exchange flow audited nicely together.  This seems to
work very nicely and you can enable/disable the mechanism at runtime.

There's obviously quite a bit of work to be done before we can
actually release this (some extra features like camelcontext filtering
on the interceptor would be nice and especially docs are missing), but
I think it would make a really nice addition to ServiceMix 5.  It
would require us to skip Camel 2.11.x and go straight for Camel 2.12.x
whenever that becomes available, but in my mind, that slight delay
should be well worth it.

Wdyt?

Gert Vanthienen

Re: [PROPOSAL] Camel Container SPI in ServiceMix 5

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [PROPOSAL] Camel Container SPI in ServiceMix 5

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Camel Container SPI in ServiceMix 5

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang