Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Oscar Westra van Holthe - Kind <os...@westravanholthe.nl> on 2022/07/01 09:34:30 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Changing the Avro logo

Hi all,

From a completely different perspective (also documented in the Jira
issue), we can also focus on the qualities that we want the icon to evoke.
I've added a comment to AVRO-3554
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-3554?focusedCommentId=17561381&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-17561381>
to that effect.

Remembering a neat trick Niels once taught me, using schema evolution to
create a projection, caused me to focus on a "change data according to use
case" vibe, and especially its biological equivalent: mimicry.

A true master at mimicry is not the chameleon though, but the cuttlefish:
it can change skin texture as well as colour. I've adapted a CC0 (public
domain) icon and attached it as a simple impression. It's only good enough
at very small sizes though (<20px).

Kind regards,
Oscar

--