Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Reeves <mi...@attbi.com> on 2001/12/27 00:05:31 UTC

Runs briefly then quits

Hi,

I'm fairly new at this so please forgive me.  I've been scouring the mail
archives and haven't found my solution.

I'm trying to understand and troubleshoot why my Tomcat server stops serving
after the initial access.  My setup is: W2K sp2, IE 5.5, Apache 1.3, and
Tomcat 4.01 with the NT Service running.

When I initially load the standard startup page for Tomcat,
http://127.0.0.1:8080/index.html , that runs, as well as any links beneath.
Then, after about 20 seconds, everything comes to a standstill.

I also have an older version of Tomcat, 3.3, that I start manually and will
run my JSP pages fine.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot and fix this?

Sincerely,

Michael L. Reeves (c)¿(c)¬