Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by christian bindeballe <ot...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/12 17:08:11 UTC

parameters passing sitemap - > flow - > jx

Hi,

I try to pass parameters from a sitemap to a flowscript, from where I
want to pass them further to another page for extraction.
The point is, that I need theses parameters (part of the URI) in the
final document and I don't know how to do it otherwise. Unfortunately
I'm not really sure as how to achieve this, so I am asking you for
advice in this matter.

It goes as follows:

in the sitemap:
<map:match pattern="*.foo.*.bar-*">
 <map:call function="newTask">
  <map:parameter name="param" value="{1}"/>
 </map:call>
</map:match>

since I found different description as to how parameters can be accessed
in flowscript, I'd like to know, is it

a) var parameter = cocoon.parameters["param"];

or

b) var parameter = cocoon.parameters.param;

or maybe even

c) var parameters = cocoon.parameters.[0]

Now I would like to pass those parameters to my JX File, so I can use
them in the transforming XSLT.

sending parameters to a pipeline with an jx, where I can access the
params sent, these parameters need to be in an Object, right? so the
call looks like this

cocoon.sendPage("new-sprint-task-success-pipeline", viewData);

(where viewData is something like

var viewData = {"parameter_name" : form.getChild("widget_name"}

I would like to get the parameters that were passed to the flow into the
call that goes to the other pipeline. Can I just put in a variable, like
above a) b) or c)? Or do I need to get the values of these variables
into an Object, and if so, how do I do that? I tried

var sendParams = {"param_xy" : cocoon.parameters["param"]}

but that didn't work either.

I'm sorry for this long mail, but this is some kind of substantial
problem for me, and I have been labouring about it for quite a while
without getting a step closer to a solution. I hope that someone here
can give me a hint as to where I need to improve my code.

Thanks a lot in advance

regards, Christian