Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rajsekhar Mallick <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/11 16:24:02 UTC

Local jmx changes get reverted after restart of a neighbouring node in Cassandra cluster

Hello Team,

I have been trying to use sjk tool/jmxterm jar utilities to change
compaction strategy of a table locally from STCS to LCS, without changing
the schema.
I have been trying this on a lower environment first before implementing
the same in production environment.
The change did work on one of the node. Autocompaction was triggered after
flush for the table.
After making changes on one node, I made the same changes on another node
in the cluster.
The change again went through. Then to verify,if local changes revert after
restart, I restarted one of 2 nodes where changes were made.
The change on that node got reverted, but the change also rolled back on
other node too (which wasn't restarted).
I did check for datastax blogs,but didn't find any such explainations.
Kindly help me understand why restart on one node would revert jmx local
changes made on another node.
Does a node restart in the cluster,trigger a schema update for the cluster?

Thanks,
Rajsekhar Mallick