Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by yogesh veeraraghavan <yo...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/04 20:48:20 UTC

Hadoop config or command line arguments

Dear sir,

I have the following questions. kindly clarify it, if you have any idea
about it.

As we execute hadoop, we give in the command line:
               hadoop jar <jar_file_name> <Packagename> <inputfoldername>
<outputfoldername>

I am trying hard to find the place in the hadoop source code where it
received these command line arguments.

I need to get user information into hadoop. Either through command line
arguments or through some config file.

Kindly help me and i will be greatly thankful for your effort

--
*Thanks & Regards,
Yogesh Veeraraghavan

Re: Hadoop config or command line arguments

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Start at RunJar.java, then eventually you'll get to JobClient.java.

Arun