Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Java Mails <av...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/12 08:35:54 UTC

creating default.psml

Does anyone know the process of creating the
default.psml file each time a user is created?  Like,
the classes or templates involved?  Or better yet, how
can i add another psml file in the
psml/user/username/html/ directory when username is
created? I have to add test.psml(which is the same for
all user) to this dir alongside the default.psml coz I
would want to change from default.psml to test.psml
somewhere in my program.

Hope I can explain this better.

Thanks

Re: creating default.psml

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Hi Java,

I recently checked in some new functionality for the default.psml creation
and a role-based fallback algorithm for finding profiles (PSML).
By not setting 'services.Profiler.newuser.template', no psml is created when
a new user is created, and the user's roles are searched to find the
rquested PSML.

You can read a summary at the bottom of this page (all mods from
2002/02/10):
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/changes.html

Here are the new settings in the JR.p:

  # use Role-based PSML fallback
   services.Profiler.rolefallback=true
  +
  +# When a new user is created, this account's psml is cloned to the new
account psml
  +# Setting this account to nothing configures role-based psml as the
default method for new users
  +services.Profiler.newuser.template=turbine
  +
  +# Media types template to create for user. (comma separated)
  +services.Profiler.newuser.media_types=html,wml
  +
  +# Role(s) to assign to new user.  Multiple Role must be comma separated.
  +services.JetspeedSecurity.newuser.roles=user,tester,researcher

David

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>