Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeroen ter Voorde <j....@home.nl> on 2002/05/28 13:44:16 UTC

Sunrise authentication

Hi,

I'm trying the sunRise stuff from the latest 2.1 code (checked out today) but i can't get it to work.
It seems the AuthenticationManager which is defined in authentication.xconf is not loaded.

My question is:
- Should this code be working? If yes, what did i forget?

PS. I'm using a parent component manager.

Thanx in advance,
    Jeroen

RE: Sunrise authentication

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

The tutorial is for version 2.0.2 of Cocoon and not for the current
CVS (Matthew will add this hint :) ).
The concepts described in the tutorial are still valid, but the
names and classes have changed. You can find documentation in the
documentation order of the cvs.

> > In that case you have
> > to hand-edit your cocoon.xconf and add the AuthenticationManager
> > component by hand.
> >

> How do i do that? I grepped all xmap's for AuthenticationManager for an
> example but got no results.

You can find the definition in
src\java\org\apache\cocoon\webapps\authentication\authentication.xconf.
But I would suggest that you build the webapp target and start from a
working version.

Carsten

Re: Sunrise authentication

Posted by Jeroen ter Voorde <j....@home.nl>.
Thanks for the quick reply,

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi,

what are you exactly trying? Did you build the webapp target and
try to run the sample? The CVS from today works for me that way.

Or do you try to manually get it working. In that case you have