Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sebastian Lindstaedt <Se...@vaberlin.de> on 2010/01/25 10:54:45 UTC

Using the temp Directory of the current User in jcr-ds.xml

Hi,

I'm using Jackrabbit in a deployment model 3 scenario and it works like a charm (Kudos to the community! ).
In my jcr-ds.xml I'm using something like:
<config-property name="homeDir" type="java.lang.String">/temp/jackrabbit</config-property>
Where temp is a folder that I created myself.

Now I would like to do something like:
<config-property name="homeDir" type="java.lang.String">%temp%/jackrabbit</config-property>
Where %temp% points to C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temp. The problem is, that I need a folder that I can rely on, on any machine that my JBoss/Jackrabbit gets started on.
Is there a way to use this systemproperty in the jcr-ds.xml?

These settings will only be used for a demo, not a productive system! (I'm starting jboss and jackrabbit
directly from a CD and need to save some files in the temp directory of the current user)

I'm thankful for any hint,

Sebastian