Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Matthias <mi...@web.de> on 2020/02/08 22:06:32 UTC

War as Kar

Hi there,

do you know an example to bring the example
https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/master/examples/karaf-war-example into
a kar-bundle?

For some reasons it seems not possible to use fully the karaf assembly with
karaf-maven-plugin. But i want to enable an "easy-to-use" distribution and
not want to ship a full maven repository to include fragmented but depended
features. So my next idea is to use a kar-file to enable an installable
feature which depends on other features and some bundles.

But the kar-example seem not to work with the war example. Anyone tried
before?

Regards,
Matthias

Re: War as Kar

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Kar is not a bundle, it’s a simple zip file containing a features XML and the related resources (bundles, configuration files, …).

So, you can create a kar using a features XML containing your war and package.

Custom distribution is exactly the same and works as well.

Do you want me to create a example for both for you ?

Regards
JB