Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Matthijs Kooijman <ma...@stdin.nl> on 2010/02/22 12:10:15 UTC

Passwords stored in gnome-keyring lack a description

(Please CC me, I am not on the list)

Hi,

it seems any network passwords that are stored by subversion in the
gnome-keyring do not get any description. In my gnome-keyring-manager they
just show up as "network password", which is of course very uninformative.
Looking at the code, it seems gnome_keyring_set_network_password_sync, which
is used to set the password, does not allow setting the display name.

However, using gnome-keyring-manager I can change the description, so I think
that a separate display name is stored for each password. Perhaps using
gnome_keyring_item_info_set_display_name and gnome_keyring_item_set_info_sync
the display name could be set afterwards?

Gr.

Matthijs