Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2015/07/22 16:55:58 UTC

Preventing unnecessary JIRA version managing

All,

I noticed that the next set of unresolved tickets are always assigned a
version number. This leads to unnecessary maintenance when we have to burn
a point release (i.e., you have to re-assign them to the next release) or
it's just time for a new point release. There's really no point in having
unresolved issues queued up. I kind of feel bad for Jason as he has to keep
pushing them forward.

I think we should just put all unresolved tickets in the 3.x backlog, and,
as they are resolved, assign them an official version number.

WDYT?

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Preventing unnecessary JIRA version managing

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
But I think we should stop queuing up the next version with an official
number. Right now 3.3.6 exists with all unfinished items. My proposal is
just to leave that as 3.3.x so other JIRA versions can be renamed as
necessary (3.3.5 => 3.3.6).

Cheers,
Paul

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
That's what I do in such case.
Den 22 jul 2015 17:56 skrev "Stephen Connolly" <

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.