Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by TM...@s-s-t.com on 2002/05/10 23:23:11 UTC

jsp's do not compile

I cannot get tomcat to recompile jsp's after I change them. I have tried
the 4.1 alpha nightly build as well as 4.0.3. I know this is supposed to
work...

Is there some special parameter I should be configuring or something? I've
searched the docs.

Troy

Re: jsp's do not compile

Posted by Xinji Gu <xj...@utstar.com>.
For double check, I just put an JSP file that doing simple
math (1+1) under /webapps, and query it, got 2 :)
and then, change the JSP to do (1+2), and without doing any
configuration/deployment, I reinput the query in the same browser:
I got 3. So, it compiled automatically. The web.xml file has nothing in it:
<!DOCTYPE web-app (View Source for full doctype...)>
  <web-app />

BTW, I have been confused by Tomcat manager: where does it
put the deployment information? I mean the app.war could be anywhere
in 4.1. How could Tomcat figure out the location of the war file when
a request comes in?

thanks a lot

Jim Gu

Posted by Michael Teter <mi...@yahoo.com>.