Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Paul Farnan <PF...@performixtechnologies.com> on 2004/07/30 13:20:04 UTC

Adding my own Portlet in Jetspeed 2.0

I'm trying to add my own porlet to the Jetspeed 2.0 default page to get it to display something stupid but am having difficulty finding the porlet definition file that I have to add my new portlet to. I thought I had to change the portlet.xml file under HW_App/WEB_INF and then add a page fragment to the default-page.psml under jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages but this doesn't seem to work. Adding an entry to porlet.xml file displays the Hello world porlet again. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get this info from . I checked the Wiki and there is nothing there...
Thanks
Paul

use or dissemination of this publication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately,
then destroy this e-mail.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the Message Labs Email
http://www.messagelabs.com
http://www.performixtechnologies.com

Re: Adding my own Portlet in Jetspeed 2.0

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Hi Paul,

I added a section to the wiki on how to deploy your own custom portlets,
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/DeployingCustomPortlets.

have fun ;)

Paul Farnan wrote:

>I'm trying to add my own porlet to the Jetspeed 2.0 default page to get it to display something stupid but am having difficulty finding the porlet definition file that I have to add my new portlet to. I thought I had to change the portlet.xml file under HW_App/WEB_INF and then add a page fragment to the default-page.psml under jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages but this doesn't seem to work. Adding an entry to porlet.xml file displays the Hello world porlet again. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get this info from . I checked the Wiki and there is nothing there...
>Thanks
>Paul

>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
>solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
>If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
>use or dissemination of this publication is strictly prohibited. If you
>have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately,
>then destroy this e-mail.
>This email has been scanned for all viruses by the Message Labs Email
>Security System. For more information on a proactive email security
>service working around the clock, around the globe, visit
>http://www.messagelabs.com
>http://www.performixtechnologies.com

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <we...@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *