Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/03/06 08:01:29 UTC

proposed mailing lists names

Since we've voted to do this, I'm just going to give people 48 hours to
object to these particular names.

[see MPA-50]

Our dev list traffic has gone nuts. Let's create:

notifications@maven.apache.org

* this will be for CI, error reports from the repository manager, and so on
* depending on policy, this may not be archived (we won't archive it
unless it's required - I don't think it's necessary, but there is no
harm in it if it is)
* this will be for all maven projects (ie, no continuum-notifications, etc).

issues@maven.apache.org

* this will be for JIRA issues. For now, just one will be created. If it
is later determined to split one set off, we can create more.

commits@maven.apache.org

* for commits - we already have it (each subproject has its own)

dev@maven.apache.org

* for human discussion - we already have it

Note that all subscribers to dev@maven.apache.org will be automatically
subscribed to these lists at creation, but going forward you will need
to subscribe to each individually.

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Kenney Westerhof wrote:
>> * for commits - we already have it (each subproject has its own)
>
> what do you mean by this? My first impression is that you mean
> the maven1, maven2 and continuum (and other subprojects) have their
> own commits list - if so, what are they called? I probably misunderstood..

not quite. 1.x and 2.x share.

commits@maven.apache.org
continuum-commits@maven.apache.org

http://people.apache.org/~coar/mlists.html#maven.apache.org

- Brett

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Brett Porter wrote:

+1 for these names.

Btw, for completeness: we also have 'users@' and 'announce@' (right?).

Just one question:

> commits@maven.apache.org
>
> * for commits - we already have it (each subproject has its own)

what do you mean by this? My first impression is that you mean
the maven1, maven2 and continuum (and other subprojects) have their
own commits list - if so, what are they called? I probably misunderstood..

-- Kenney

> Since we've voted to do this, I'm just going to give people 48 hours to
> object to these particular names.
>
> [see MPA-50]
>
> Our dev list traffic has gone nuts. Let's create:
>
> notifications@maven.apache.org
>
> * this will be for CI, error reports from the repository manager, and so on
> * depending on policy, this may not be archived (we won't archive it
> unless it's required - I don't think it's necessary, but there is no
> harm in it if it is)
> * this will be for all maven projects (ie, no continuum-notifications, etc).
>
> issues@maven.apache.org
>
> * this will be for JIRA issues. For now, just one will be created. If it
> is later determined to split one set off, we can create more.
>
> commits@maven.apache.org
>
> * for commits - we already have it (each subproject has its own)
>
> dev@maven.apache.org
>
> * for human discussion - we already have it
>
> Note that all subscribers to dev@maven.apache.org will be automatically
> subscribed to these lists at creation, but going forward you will need
> to subscribe to each individually.
>
> - Brett

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Bill Dudney
MyFaces - myfaces.apache.org

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
FYI (so no one else does it)
I 've requested those both lists on gmane.org to be separated from the
dev list.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I think that m1 commits don't pollute a lot of people ;-)
Our activity is very minor compared to the m2 one !

Arnaud

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
+1

On 3/5/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Since we've voted to do this, I'm just going to give people 48 hours to
> object to these particular names.
>
> [see MPA-50]
>
> Our dev list traffic has gone nuts. Let's create:
>
> notifications@maven.apache.org
>
> * this will be for CI, error reports from the repository manager, and so on
> * depending on policy, this may not be archived (we won't archive it
> unless it's required - I don't think it's necessary, but there is no
> harm in it if it is)
> * this will be for all maven projects (ie, no continuum-notifications, etc).
>
> issues@maven.apache.org
>
> * this will be for JIRA issues. For now, just one will be created. If it
> is later determined to split one set off, we can create more.
>
> commits@maven.apache.org
>
> * for commits - we already have it (each subproject has its own)
>
> dev@maven.apache.org
>
> * for human discussion - we already have it
>
> Note that all subscribers to dev@maven.apache.org will be automatically
> subscribed to these lists at creation, but going forward you will need
> to subscribe to each individually.
>
> - Brett

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.