Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Gordon <ad...@readytalk.com> on 2006/07/07 21:09:14 UTC

Struts HTML tag library clarification

According to the radio button section of the wiki page
(http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsWidgets), this is by design but I
find it a little annoying...

It appears that with the <html:xhtml/> tag at the top of a JSP, an HTML
input element gets closed correctly per bug 5518 (back in 2002).  What I
don't see is this behavior:

If I have:

    <input type="radio">Some text</input>

My browser (Firefox) treats the "Some text" text as part of the radio
button so if I use the onclick attribute, I can click the text and it's
the same as clicking the radio button (I do not, however, know if some
browsers treat this differently).

However, if I have:

It gets rendered as:

    <input type="radio" ... />Some text

And the "Some text" is just that, plain text.  The only way I can see to
make it clickable is to use an anchor tag.

So, I guess my question is was this behavior by design and if so why?

Thanks

-Adam