Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Clayton Weise <cw...@iswest.net> on 2012/06/01 20:11:42 UTC

createNetwork call

Specifically with the parameters "startip" and "endip".  I assume this is for the DHCP range correct?  If that's the case then I may have tripped onto a bug because even though I set the start IP to .100 and end to .250 it's been assigning addresses to instances outside of the range.

I am currently on 3.0.1 (haven't upgraded to 3.0.2 yet but I don't recall seeing anything about this in the release notes).  If it's a bug, I'll happily file it, I just want to make sure I didn't do something wrong first.

Re: createNetwork call

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
On 6/1/12 11:11 AM, "Clayton Weise" <cw...@iswest.net> wrote:

>Specifically with the parameters "startip" and "endip".  I assume this is
>for the DHCP range correct?  If that's the case then I may have tripped
>onto a bug because even though I set the start IP to .100 and end to .250
>it's been assigning addresses to instances outside of the range.
>
>I am currently on 3.0.1 (haven't upgraded to 3.0.2 yet but I don't recall
>seeing anything about this in the release notes).  If it's a bug, I'll
>happily file it, I just want to make sure I didn't do something wrong
>first.

If it's an Isolated network with source nat service enabled, then
start/endIp are being ignored in createNetwork command. We only look at
gateway/netmask to figure out the cidr, and assign the ips to the vm from
this cidr. So ip ranges are not supported for this type of networks.

StartIp and endIP are respected by Shared networks only.

-Alena.