Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/21 05:01:35 UTC

How to download file with HttpClient ?

Hello,

How can I download a file with HttpClient? Ant example please?

Best regards,
Eric

Re: How to download file with HttpClient ?

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
nitya vyas wrote:
> i m sure he meant "Any" .. not "ant" .... :)

Oh, right. On american keyboards, those two are next to eachother.
Thanks for reminding me :-)

>>> How can I download a file with HttpClient? Ant example please?
>> Are you kidding? HttpClient is a Java API, not an Ant task.
>> Read the tutorial.
>> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/tutorial.html

The tutorial explains how to get the data from the server.
The section "Read the Response" uses a method that is not
exactly recommended and may give you a warning in the logs.
The recommended way is to use method.getResponseBodyAsStream()
and then read the data from the stream block by block. If
you need help in writing it to a file, check the Java Tutorial:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/io/index.html

hope that helps,
  Roland

Re: How to download file with HttpClient ?

Posted by Man Tat Lam <la...@gmail.com>.
What is it that you are trying to download, a link from the page??

MT

Posted by nitya vyas <ni...@gmail.com>.
i m sure he meant "Any" .. not "ant" .... :)

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.