Posted to user@poi.apache.org by sangram anand <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/22 10:25:01 UTC

Currency Formatting using POI

Hi Team,

Using the apache poi library am generating a excel sheet. I get values from
a backend sir via api calls, like 3650030. I have to format it to $3,650,030
in the Cell, but in the formula bar it should appear just a number. I am
assuming that  DataFormatter.addFormat(string, Format format)  is the
correct one to format the number to currency and save it in a Cell of the
generated spreadsheet.

I am setting the value 3650030 to cell using the code

cell.setCellValue((Long) cols.get(jj).getValue());

I am using the

NumberFormat numberFormat = NumberFormat.getCurrencyInstance();
numberFormat.setCurrency(Currency.getInstance(Locale.US));
dataFormatter.addFormat("($#,##0_);($#,##0)", numberFormat);

But how should i apply it to the cell object ?

Any help will be appreciated.

--
Thanks.

Re: Currency Formatting using POI

Posted by sangram anand <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

Any advise/tips for the above requirement.

Re: Currency Formatting using POI

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/quick-guide.html#DataFormats