Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2007/10/04 20:38:51 UTC

Please help check the Camel 1.2.0 Release Candidate #1

Howdy folks.

I've done the first release candidate build of Apache Camel 1.2.0.
You can get the
binary distributions here:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.2.0-RC1/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.2.0/
maven 2 repo: http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.2.0-RC1/maven2

I've also started a release Wiki page at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Camel+1.2.0+Release
I'd appreciate it if someone could digest the change set and
summerized the big new feaures or bug fixes as noteworthy items on the
page.

Please check out this build and let me know if you see anything out of place.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Please help check the Camel 1.2.0 Release Candidate #1

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
166 is now fixed.  I'll cutting RC2 right now.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicky Sandhu <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for this feedback!

On 09/10/2007, blin <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure if any one tried examples successfully, but I still got
> complain about finding "org.apache.camel:camel-parent:pom:1.2.0" artifact.
> Apparently, this artifact is not in any maven repo.

did you try running the examples with

-DremoteRepo=http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.2.0-RC1/maven2

FWIW ideally we'd have an Ant based mechanism for running the example
programs as well which would not require maven or things to be in the
repo...

http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-46

For now I've added a section on testing a release candiate to the
release guide...
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/release-guide.html

> BTW, I noticed a couple minor issues:
> 1. Both camel-example-bam and camel-example-cxf are missing a README file,
> it would be good to include a README file to explain what does the example
> do and how to run example.

Good catch - fixed!

> 2. I noticed all files under /lib directory have timestamp, are they going
> to be replaced by version 1.2.0 during fianl release cut? Or can we make the
> RC release exactly like a final release?

The contents of the maven repo should just be copied across as-is if
the vote passes

--
James
-------

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: Please help check the Camel 1.2.0 Release Candidate #1

Posted by blin <bo...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure if any one tried examples successfully, but I still got
complain about finding "org.apache.camel:camel-parent:pom:1.2.0" artifact.
Apparently, this artifact is not in any maven repo.

BTW, I noticed a couple minor issues:
1. Both camel-example-bam and camel-example-cxf are missing a README file,
it would be good to include a README file to explain what does the example
do and how to run example.
2. I noticed all files under /lib directory have timestamp, are they going
to be replaced by version 1.2.0 during fianl release cut? Or can we make the
RC release exactly like a final release?

Cheers,
Bo

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Run the maven command with a