Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "jan.weber" <Ja...@dallmeier.com> on 2021/05/03 09:31:34 UTC

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Actually, I can not find anything which does *not *work in IntelliJ regarding
Flex development.
IntelliJ is far superior in every aspect and I somehow would assume that you
have configured/set something in an incorrect way. Please elaborate on what
errors you have experienced.

-----
Jan F. Weber,
AIR/Flex Developer @ SeMSy 5 Front-End Team, Dallmeier electronic (www.dallmeier.com)

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by "Paulus de B." <w....@knollenstein.com>.
We've been using IntelliJ for a couple of years now for Flex/AIR Windows/Mac
app development in a very large project without any real issues. I did have
to up the heap because of the size of the project, but for rest runs fine.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com>.
Well, I'm sure the complexity of the project has a bearing on the outcome.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by After24 <vi...@after24.net>.
Hi,

Intellij IDEA works perfectly for us and is way more stable than Flash
Builder was (our applications contains thousands of mxlm views and .as
classes)

Vincent.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by hn...@vservu.de.
I only have about 60 views, and for more than 2 years had no issues with
intelliJ at all!

The ones I had before could be quickly solved by the (very reactive)
support team.
And more than 50% of the cases had been a problem/misunderstanding on my
side!

It's a very reliable, comprehensive IDE and a big help!

I'm still on Flex because I use it with AIR and AS3 as desktop APP for
Windows and macOS.

I considered moving to Visual Studio Code (making use of  Josh Tynjal's
extension for ActionScript and Mxml). Also because of HTM and Royale in
mind.

But besides some tests I never did any serious work with other IDEs. I
did not see the need and eventually gave up that idea.

For HTML, after FLASH was killed, I'm using pure JS at the moment,  and
play with Vue. But did not make any decision when to leave the Flex way.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Blake McBride <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac