Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Gnatz, Michael" <Mi...@Pentasys.de> on 2006/06/26 17:44:31 UTC

transforming stylesheets by stylesheets?

As Coccon is a xml framework I am trying to use one of the xml benefits at the moment...

I am trying to transform a stylesheet with another stylesheet resulting in a stylesheet (sounds more complicated as it is). The pipeline looks as follows:

<map:match pattern="xyz">
  <map:generate type="file" src="abc.xsl"/>
  <map:transform src="123.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="">
  <map:generate ...>
  <map:transform src="cocoon:/xyz"/>

The result I get is a "invalid processing instruction name"...

Does this work in general or is the cocoon protocoll not supported for transformers?

Best regards
 Michael

Re: transforming stylesheets by stylesheets?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 6/26/06, Gnatz, Michael <Mi...@pentasys.de> wrote:

>  ... <map:transform src="cocoon:/xyz"/>...

> ...Does this work in general or is the cocoon protocoll not supported for transformers?...

It should work if xyz generates a correct XSLT transform. There's at
least one example, in the xsltal block.

-Bertrand