Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by z11373 <z1...@outlook.com> on 2015/11/12 15:27:58 UTC

Re: tablet split

Back to this thread again...
If I have 1M of rows with "1_xxxx" data, and 5 tablet servers, how can I
check if those one million rows got distributed to all tablet servers or
not? If it doesn't, then I may have perf problem when the client reads the
data.

Re: tablet split

Posted by z11373 <z1...@outlook.com>.
Thanks Josh!
Unfortunately, the monitor only shows which tablet servers where a specific
table's tablets are hosted, and number of entries. I actually need
additional information.
For example, current info shown on the monitor for table A (with 6 tablets):

Tablet Server 1:
# of tablets = 1, # of entries: 10.78M
Tablet Server 2:
# of tablets = 1, # of entries: 22.92M
Tablet Server 3:
# of tablets = 1, # of entries: 13.52M
Tablet Server 4:
# of tablets = 2, # of entries: 135.12M
Tablet Server 5:
# of tablets = 1, # of entries: 34.58M

The data being stored are something like (below is row id value):
1_xxxxxx
2_xxxxxx
3_xxxxxx

There will be case which data with row id 1_xxxxx are ten times more than
2_xxxxx and 3_xxxxx,  which in that case, I am afraid it could be the tablet
server 4 with 135.12M entries (in example above) is where all rows with
'1_xxxxx', or very likely that Accumulo will distribute the data with same
row id prefix to other tablet servers?

Re: tablet split

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Quickest check is to just look at the monitor. Click on your table and
you should be able to drill down into where the tablets are being hosted.