Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by sam smith <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/21 01:06:32 UTC

Having trouble with Cactus Ant and WebSphere 5.0

I'm trying to use the Cactus ANT tasks to run our unit tests on WebSphere 5.0.  However, I have not been able to get the <cactus> task to use the correct URL to determine that the server is running.  The start task is working correctly (i.e. it is starting the app server), but the <cactus> task is timing out.

When using the defaults, these appear in the access log of the web server:

127.0.0.1 - - [20/Oct/2003:17:21:56 -0500] "GET //FOTWWebApp/ServletRedirector?C
actus_Service=RUN_TEST HTTP/1.1" 404 313

The issues for us are:
(1) It appears as though Cactus is adding a "/", then our context root "/FOTWWebApp" is being added.
(2) The app server should be accessed via HTTPS

The URL we need Cactus to poll is
https://localhost:8443/FOTWWebApp/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST.  I've tried setting "cactus.contextURL=https://localhost:8443/FOTWWebApp" and "cactus.contextURL=https://localhost" using -D and in a properties file.  However, I get the same result as above.

I've also tried adding the port=8443 attribute to the <generic> task.  However, when I do this, nothing shows up in my access log.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Sam