Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by prabin meitei <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/19 10:50:55 UTC

Giving boost to a more recent item whiule searching

Hi,
   I am trying to retreive documents from an index. Each document has a date
field and other fields.
while  making a seach i want to give some extra boost to the more recent
items (as per the date field)
How can I go about it?

Thanks in advance

Prabin

Re: Giving boost to a more recent item whiule searching

Posted by prabin meitei <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,
  Thanks for your response.  I have tried searching the archive. I could not
find andy relevant thread. that's why i posted the question here. May be I
am not using the right keywords. If you know any archive link which deals
with this problem please send me.
    I have seen the case study about theServerSide in the book "Lucene in
Action". But there also they haven't given how date boosting can be
implemented.

Prabin

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.