Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2012/11/01 14:35:16 UTC

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.0.0-incubating

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> Woot, fscking awesome. Thanks for this Chip.
>
> Two minor nitpicks for the next VOTE we do. Individual votes should include
> a link next to them to the email in which that person voted.

Sorry, but I didn't see anything like this in any other podling /
project vote summary emails that I've looked at.  Is it a suggestion?
Do you do it in the CouchDB project this way?

> And links
> should use mail-archives.a.o, and not markmail.org. That's the only way we
> can be sure the links will never break.

That's fair.  Many other projects / podlings are using markmail for
links, given how easy it is to work with (vs. the ASF mail archive).
However, it's a good point.  I'll be sure to use the apache.org page
next time!

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 1 November 2012 13:35, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Woot, fscking awesome. Thanks for this Chip.
> >
> > Two minor nitpicks for the next VOTE we do. Individual votes should
> include
> > a link next to them to the email in which that person voted.
>
> Sorry, but I didn't see anything like this in any other podling /
> project vote summary emails that I've looked at.  Is it a suggestion?
> Do you do it in the CouchDB project this way?

Here's an example: http://s.apache.org/ywC

I don't recall why I do this. I've always done it, since incubation.
Perhaps I read a policy document that suggested it, or perhaps the podling
I looked at at the time did it. Either way, I find it very useful. It
allows cross referencing of where the votes are coming from. It makes the
job of being the RM a tiny bit harder. But hardly anything at all really,
in the grand scheme of things. And the results are super useful.

So yes, it's a suggestion. :)

> > And links
> > should use mail-archives.a.o, and not markmail.org. That's the only way
> we
> > can be sure the links will never break.
>
> That's fair.  Many other projects / podlings are using markmail for
> links, given how easy it is to work with (vs. the ASF mail archive).

Oh dear, this is no good. I will start a thread about it. Do you have any
examples?

> However, it's a good point.  I'll be sure to use the apache.org page
> next time!

Thanks!

--
NS