Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Giovanni Giacobbi <gi...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/27 03:30:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Graceful stop does not wait for PHP script execution

Greetings,

I need some help in troubleshooting this problem. I'm running Apache 2.4.27
with PHP 7.2, using thread safe shared module (apache2handler).

The problem is that when a script is executing and I run apachectl
graceful-stop, the server terminates immediately, killing all running PHP
scripts.

This happens only with MPM Event and MPM Worker, while with MPM Prefork the
parent process correctly waits until all the executing terminate, honoring
the GracefulShutdownTimeout setting.

I tried running the test with trace8 LogLevel but I didn't get any valuable
information, so I need some help. I'd like to use a threaded MPM for
efficiency but the executing scripts are very important and must never be
interrupted, so unless I can't solve this problem I'll be forced into the
prefork MPM.

Thank you a lot for your insight.

GG