Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Holzner Werner <We...@softlab.de> on 2002/02/12 09:43:05 UTC

build problems on AIX 4.3.3

I had severe problems in using Apache Web Server with JServ in combination
with an Oracle 8.1.6 Database on AIX 4.3.3. Therefore I want to try
switching to Tomcat 4.0. But I can't found a binary distribution for AIX. So
I am trying to build one.

It's strange, but there are several different files named BULDING.txt. It
depends on the directory they are located, which part of the build process
is described. But following all instruction in these files doesn't build
actually a new Tomcat because:
* the jaxp.jar isn't found at sun.java.com if you follow the mentioned link
* the jakarta-tomcat-connectors cannot be downloaded as an archive - only
single files are referenced by BUILDING.txt
So please help me in sending me the right links to the right archives! Thank
you!

	Werner Holzner