Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Yaron Ruckenstein <ya...@mobilitec.com> on 2002/12/10 15:33:44 UTC

Iteration on XML data

Hi,

I would like to implement the following process:
1. Read a list of entries from a file, preferably XML file,
   each entry has the following data:
   - name of a file in the CM
   - name of a CM user
   - name of the file's version in the CM
   Example:
	<list source="2.5/dev" target="2.5/reg" count="2">
		<file name="cfg/template" isdir="true" user="integ" comment="updated"/>
		<file name="bin/processes_check.sh" user="yaronr" version="5"/>
	</list>

2. For each such entry, I want to check out the file from
   my development CM project, and check it in the controlled
   CM project, with the relevant data.

My problem is that I don't know how to get the data of each entry.

If I load this example file, the duplicated values are ignored.
If I change the file entry to be file1, file2 ... then I get all the
data but then I have problem accessing it, because I need an iteration
mechanism.

Maybe if I had a "for index=1 to ${count}" then I could build temporary
properties
(using the ant-contrib propertycopy) and then pass them to another target.

I'll be happy to get your help,
Thanks in advance,
Yaron.