Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by hayart <ha...@rambler.ru> on 2008/12/25 14:36:20 UTC

remove EQUALITY attribute

I have creted rports to attributte in following way

Attributes attrs = new BasicAttributes(true);
	        attrs.put("NUMERICOID", "1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.3.2.1");
	        attrs.put("NAME", "reportsto");
	        attrs.put("DESC", "Standard LDAP attribute type");
	        attrs.put("EQUALITY", "integerOrderingMatch");
	        attrs.put("SYNTAX", "1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27");
	        attrs.put("SINGLE-VALUE", "true");
	        schema.createSubcontext("AttributeDefinition/reportsto", attrs);

now I have problem and I wont to delete  "EQUALITY".
How can I made it?
Thank you for Advance.

Re: remove EQUALITY attribute

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
I don't know exactly what context you're using to create this new
attributeType definition.  I don't think I would go about this in the way
you have done.  There are easier ways to do it.

Regardless in ADS you can just delete the AT definition under the
ou=schema,cn=attributeTypes branch of the DIT then start over.  Or you can
do a modify on the m-equality attribute of the entry corresponding to your
AT definition that you want changed.

Posted by hayart <ha...@rambler.ru>.
I remove the attribute by reinstalling the server.