Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Robert Taylor <rj...@mediaone.net> on 2001/06/20 05:09:16 UTC

New Installation success

I installed the TDK today (from tdk-2.1.zip) -- and on my WinME laptop at
that. I'm running JDK1.3.1 and MySQL 3.23.38.

I had trouble with build.xml -- apparently WinME does not register as
Windows, so ANT INIT tries to execute create-database.sh (unix, $ext ==
.sh). I attempted to change build.xml and add a selection for Windows ME
(but I don't know the OS signature, sorry). In any event, I set
database.manual.creation == true in build.properties (which, by the way, is
erroneously reported as newapp.properties in GETTING_STARTED.txt), created
the database manually and the build added the tables successfully.

Of course, I'm not trying to roll out a production system with this WinME
setup (it's rather slow), but I'm quite happy with what I've seen so far.

Thanks.

--
Robert Taylor
rjamestaylor@mediaone.net

Re: New Installation success

Posted by Kasper Nielsen <ne...@kav.dk>.
perhaps we should put the platform/extension stuff back in app.properties
and just comment them out,
whoever needs to use them, can just comment them out.

- Kasper